Helping youth exercise their imaginations and discover their creative potential.
At the Y, we believe young people can benefit from creative outlets that encourage self-expression and discovery. We offer an extensive range of exciting programs in the areas of dance, drama and music.
Every class, workshop and event cultivates a safe and nurturing environment that allows kids to take risks in creating art and performing. Whether in the dance studio, on the stage or in a lesson, children discover the rewards of creative achievement and develop a sense of innovation that will carry through into their adult lives.
Boys and Girls
Our instructors have many years of training, a passion for dance, and a strong desire to give students a positive, professional experience. Your child will have the opportunity to learn and have fun while gaining greater self-esteem and self-discipline.
Benefits of Dance for Youth
- Grows concentration skills and memory
- Cultivates imagination and creativity
- Enhances fine and gross motor skills
- Teaches body awareness and self-expression
- Encourages cooperation and teamwork to dance as a group
- Improves posture and body control
- Makes exercise fun
Boys and Girls
Young performers learn theater concepts and vocabulary while building confidence and self-esteem through theater classes, workshops and productions. Growing performers progress through program levels in acting, musical theater, and character exploration.
Benefits of Theatre for Youth
- Builds self-confidence by allowing a safe place for children and teens to take appropriate risks
- Cultivates teamwork and teaches cooperation to make a scene come to life
- Harnesses creativity and imagination
- Develops verbally and nonverbally expression and interpretation including social cues and body language
- Increases concentration and focus of mind and body
- Boost communication skills by improving projection and articulation
- Increases literacy, reading and critical thinking skills
Private Music Lessons
All Skill Levels
A customized learning plan will be created based on the student’s skills, interests and goals. Areas of study include sight-reading, keyboard skills, rhythm, ear training, accompanying, technique, performance, theory, and composition.